An Overview of Cosmetic Dentistry
A rapidly emerging field of dentistry is referred to as cosmetic dentistry. In cosmetic dentistry, the emphasis is on improving the patients smile through changing the appearance of the teeth and mouth. Many people view cosmetic dental practices as being elective treatments as opposed to necessary dental treatments but having a beautiful, engaging smile and feeling secure in ones appearance can make people feel better about themselves and lead to a fuller, happier life. For an experienced Fairfax cosmetic dentist, turn to the dental services of Dr. Karmacharya.
How Cosmetic Dentistry Works
Cosmetic dentistry is a great way to improve your smile, whether you have missing or damaged teeth, have gaps between your teeth, or your teeth have been discolored or stained. As one of the highly rated cosmetic dentists in Fairfax, Dr. Karmacharya and the RK Dental team will ensure you are happy with your smile.
Cosmetic Dentistry Treatments
There are currently many cosmetic dentistry procedures available. Among these are:
- Composite Bonding – replaces the broken, chipped, and discolored parts of teeth through the use of a special composite material.
- Dental Implants – used to replace missing teeth, dental implants are artificial tooth root replacements.
- Dental Veneers – adhesively bonded to the surface of a tooth or teeth to cover gaps, cracks, and chips in existing teeth and also to improve the color of the teeth.
- Inlays or Onlays – inlays are also called indirect fillings; they are a long-lasting type of filling that is added to teeth with tooth decay or other structural damage.
- Teeth Whitening – the most commonly recommended and practiced cosmetic dental procedure, tooth whitening removes stains on teeth and brightens your smile. There are several teeth-whitening options available, including at-home and in-office treatments.
Choosing a Cosmetic Dentist in Fairfax
You may have many choices when you are seeking out a cosmetic dentist in Fairfax. You shouldn’t make the decision lightly – these are your teeth and your smile and you want to make sure you get the best cosmetic dental treatment possible.
Dr. Karmacharya is an experienced, top rated Fairfax cosmetic dentist. For more information on your cosmetic dental options and to schedule a consultation with Dr. Karmacharya, please call our office today. We look forward to working with you to improve your smile.